The School of T’ai Chi Chuan Amsterdam – Tai Chi Foundation
January 3rd, 2019 9:00 AM
January 11th, 2019 12:00 PM
All apprentices arrive on Friday, January 4th.
Registration is 2-4 pm (plus WFW starts).
Friday January 11th is a full training day with a smashing party in the evening.
Plan to depart on Saturday, January 12th.
8th level members please arrive on Thursday, January 3rd in time
The 8th level work starts Thursday, January 3 at 2 pm
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT UNTIL SATURDAY 15th DECEMBER
CONTACT AND INFORMATION
PRICES AND PAYMENT
Attendance fee WT2019 Amsterdam
|For Europe||For USA|
|Deposit paid (prices in € euros)||By Dec 15||After Dec 15||By Dec 15||After Dec 15|
|Just Tai Chi package||480||520||440||480|
|Apprenticeship and Tai Chi package||580||630||530||580|
|Repeat apprenticeship and Tai Chi package||520||570||480||520|
|8th Level including Tai Chi Training||480||520||440||480|
|8th Level days only||150||150||150||150|
Minimum deposit is € 150, –
We appreciate full payments to help smooth the registration process
Payments to be made at:
STCC Amsterdam (in full: Stichting the School of Tai Chi Chuan Amsterdam)
Kerkstraat 441, 1017 HZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
IBAN: NL43INGB0000285299 BIC: INGBNL2A
the name and address of the Bank: ING , Bijlmerdreef 109, 1102 BW Amsterdam, Netherlands –> If you pay from American bank account routing codes do not apply in EU-zone, initial bank account number is 285299
POSSIBILITIES OF SUPPORT
We find it important that all apprentices feel that they are most welcome to join the training, even if there are financial constraints. Here are three ways to help you with that.
- Apprentices who can lead an apprenticeship and/ or teach a PH /Sword class will be paid an hourly fee that will be deducted from their attendance fee. If you want to teach, send your request to our coordinator: Erna Corsten
- Just like previous trainings we are always looking for volunteers who want to help during the training in return for a discount. It can either be a small or bigger contribution. If you want to help as a volunteer, send your request to Kana Yamaguchi
- Thirdly you may want to consider the Bernie Dushman Scholarship Fund (BDSF). This Fund supports students/apprentices financially to attend a training. Scholarship Applications are available at the TCF website, www.taichifoundation.org/scholarship-information. Applications submitted well before the start of the training are more likely to result in awards given the limited amount of funds available for scholarships and the time required for application reviews.
The schedule is still under construction and will be available at a later time.
For the 8th level apprentices the training starts: January Thursday 3th, in the afternoon at 2.00 pm. The 8th level work ends on Saturday the 5th in the evening.
For all other Apprentices the Winter Training starts Friday, January 4th, after registration. Registration will happen from 2-4 pm. The training ends with a smashing party on Friday the 11th.
The Amsterdam Tai Chi School is at Kerkstraat 441. It is nicely located in the city in a friendly neighborhood. In between classes you can take a walk by the canals or after a nice relaxing day of Tai Chi, have a drink in one of the warm cafés. The School is easy to reach with public transport. From Schiphol Airport to Central Station it takes about 20 minutes by train. From there you can take tram 4 destination Station Rai and get off at stop Keizersgracht or Prinsengracht. Switch on Google maps and find your way to the facility. From there it’s only a 5-minute walk.
For the training we have also arranged two extra venues:
- Flex 427, Kerkstraat 427. Just beside the Tai Chi School.
- Gemeente Gods, a.k.a. the Ballroom, Nieuwe Herengracht 103. 10-15 minutes walking from the Kerkstraat. You might want to consider renting a bicycle.
You are responsible for your own accommodation. Instead of booking a hotel, you can also take a look at Airbnb, www.airbnb.com. You can rent apartments all around the city through this website. Contact your Tai Chi buddies and book a nice apartment together. Last Winter Training a couple of our apprentices had a good experience dealing with Airbnb. So talk to your friends and book online. At their website you can find more information. Here is a list of hotels in the vicinity of the training location.
- Hotel Prinsenhof, 1 star, Prinsengracht 810. About a 5-minute walk to the teaching locations. http://www.hotelprinsenhof.com
- Hotel Armada Amsterdam, 2 stars, Keizersgracht 713-715, about a 5-minute walk to the teaching locations,
- Nicolaas Witsen, 3 stars, Nicolaas Witsenstraat 4, a 10-minute walk to teachings locations, http://www.hotelnicolaaswitsen.nl/
- Hotel Atlanta, 3 stars, Rembrandtplein 8 – 10, about 10-minute walk to training locations, http://www.atlantahotelamsterdam.nl.
- Hotel Asterisk, 2 stars, Den Texstraat 16, about 10-minute walk to teaching locations, http://www.asteriskhotel.nl/en/.
Prices vary widely, depending on market conditions and the number of stars of the hotel. To get a competitive price we suggest you go to either www.booking.com and find the hotel you’re interested in. Check the price for the room you want and then, instead of booking through either of these sites, contact the hotel directly, and ask for a 10-15% discount. As all hotels have to pay around 15% commission to these booking engine company’s they will usually agree. Amsterdam also has a lot of hostels. On http://www.hostelbookers.com you can find more information and a lot of options.
We are looking for a catering service for lunch and dinner. We try to cater lunches from Saturday to Friday and for three times for a dinner (including party dinner). Detailed information will follow soon.
NB If you pay online you don’t have to register here